Wednesday 10 April 2013

Nutella Brownie (or Cookie)

Today I finally tried the recipe I found on the internet.
As you might know, I'm an au pair at the moment in Ireland and the family I'm staying with are not the type to cook anything other than chicken and spuds, so imagine them baking!
I didn't want to ask the mother to buy extra things for me to bake cause that kind of felt impolite so this recipe is perfect!

It's a 3 ingredient recipe: nutella, flour and egg. Things you can find in your kitchen (and that I found here!)

But before I begin to show you how to make this, I have to tell you that I slightly changed the recipe by reducing the amount of each ingredient (otherwise I would have ended up with 12 cupcakes and on my own that would have been way too much). I also didn't find any cupcake pan in the house, so I used a regular cake one... which makes my creation look and taste more like a cookie than an actual brownie.
Well, next time I will try and use a different tray!

Ok so let's begin.

 
 
Ingredients:

. 2 and a half tablespoons of flour
. 4 tablespoons nutella
. half an egg
 
 
 
This was the tray I found. I think it would have been better to use a cupcake pan so that the mix isn't spread too much and becomes more fluffy inside (my one was very crispy; more like a cookie).

 
You can add whatever you want on top: nuts, chocolate flakes, etc. These white decoration toppings were the only things I found in the cupboard that I could use.
I only put them on half of my brownie as a test. Couldn't really taste them when the brownie was finished but it's one way of decorating it.
 
 
 
I was using my phone to know how much time to put the brownie in the oven.
I put it in the preheated oven for 30 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius.

 
I was quite amazed when my brownie started rising after only a couple of minutes. I was quite happy cause I had no idea if this was going to work or burn or go flat.

 
30 minutes later it's time to take it out of the oven.

 
 
And this is how it looks like!
 
 
 

Voila!
I really enjoyed it. However, it was very dry and I had to drink a glass of milk with it but maybe with some crème anglaise or some chocolate cream this would have been perfect!

The real recipe is for a much bigger amount (don't be surprised if your nutella pot is empty afterwards). If you want to make the original one, here is the recipe:

- 1 cup (280g) nutella
- 10 tbsp (62g) flour
- 2 eggs

Bake them the same way I did this one and you will end up with about 12 cupcakes. Great to share with the family!

Well, it was fun sharing this with everyone and I was happy to end up in 35 minutes with a brownie (cookie in my case) in my hands :)

Have a great weekend and hope to post soon again!

1 comment:

  1. miaaaaaam ! je veux absolument essayer ça :D sluuuurpppp miammm oulalala mon ventre crie déjà famine :P

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover